Before 1919, there were a lot of village of Lach and Chil people in Langbiang highland, in which the largest village was Dankia at Da Dong riverside. The origin of the word “Dan Kia” is Dang Ja which means thatching hill.
In the afternoon of June 21st 1893, after arriving current Dalat, Dr. Alexandre Yersin came to Dan Kia to stay for a night, then came back to Riong (Lam Ha district now).
After receiving letter of Doumer, on July 19th 1897, Dr. Alexandre Yersin suggested Lang Biang highland to found a place for resting and relaxing and he focused on Dan Kia.
Nowadays, when coming to Dan Kia lake – Golden stream, tourist can Golden Valley, Ankroet waterfall, dam of Golden Stream and Dan Kia lake. Tourist can also see the overall view of Dan Kia lake – Golden stream when they reach Radar mountain top in Langbiang tourist site.